A vehicle tracking system comprises of a tracking device which is placed inside the vehicle and connected to the central software. This allows the headquarters to track the complete fleet of vehicles. These devices help keep track of the vehicle’s speed, location and direction at any given time. The real time position is relayed at regular intervals all the time. The interval could be around two minutes to five minutes or perhaps more depending on the owner’s preference.
The following are a few benefits of vehicle tracking software:
- These tracking software can help reduce wastage in terms of fuel and precious time. The tracking software can help locate drivers who speed unnecessarily or take long detours. By keeping track of such drivers it’s easier to reduce the fuel bills and keep maintenance issues to a minimum. Fuel prices can actually cripple the capital of a company pushing it towards decline. When fuel is used wisely, not only does it help save money but can cut costs for a number of other things as well.
- Allows the user to keep track of the time elapsed between services. A vehicle which is serviced on time has better fuel mileage and a better resale value as well. It not only sends reminders but also ensures that warnings are sent in case the user forgets to service the vehicle on time.
- It can increase the productivity of the workers. Drivers who take unnecessarily long lunch hours or misuse the vehicle through speeding would be answerable to the management. Practices like driving the car too slowly or speeding without reason as well as aggressive driving can take a toll on the vehicle.
- Since the user has all the detailed information regarding the vehicle and where and when it was used it can make employees more alert ad they would refrain from using the vehicles for their own work.
- All the relevant information is available just a click away. This enables the team running the software to have all the answers to the queries by their clients. This would also help the find the most fuel efficient routes and avoid delays due to traffic or weather inconsistency. Plus keeping customers informed about the whereabouts of their delivery and how soon it would reach them has a positive impact on the client and business relationship.
- Allows employers to have greater control over their company. The detailed information helps them know the whereabouts of the employees at all times. This in turn can help save a business a great deal of money and improve the efficiency as well. You can ensure that the drivers are sticking to the given routes, they are not over speeding and making sure that they get paid for their overtime.
- It also allows for faster recovery of a vehicle in case it has been stolen. Since the tracker gives real time tracking it is easy to locate the vehicle at a particular time. Also if the vehicle breaks down, it would be easier to send help.